Sunday, January 29, 2012

My 2012 Beauty Wish List.
















One of my favorite beauty blogs is Into The Gloss. http://intothegloss.com/about/ .
 Into the Gloss by Emily Weiss profiles women from the fashion and beauty arena and they share their favorite lotions and potions for face, hair and body.

While reading a few profiles on the blog, I started thinking about my beauty routine and how simple it was... comparison to...  Then, I started a mental list of the products I use and I started laughing because my list was long, very long. Simple? Not so simple!

So here is my wish list of lotions and potions for 2012, and then a summary of my current items.

These are the products I would love to use but for financial reasons have given me pause...plus I like my current list  of productstI have no complaints !

RODIN-olio-lussoThe magic potion I have heard so much about. It is expensive so it will be on my wish list for a very long time.
Giorgio Armani Foundation-  Luminous Silk Foundation  Women of all ages and skin tones sing the praises of this foundation, the incredible natural coverage seems to be real crowd pleaser.
 LANCOME High Resolution Collaser Collagen helps to keep the skin plump, now that we all need!
 Burberry Effortless Mascara . I have to see the brush to really appreciate the rave reviews this product has been receiving.
Valmont Cream- don't look at the price!
SK-II-Facial-Treatment-Essence
sk-II-facial-treatment-mask-sheets- Women everywhere sing praises of this mask, it has to be good.
E45- I have tried this one of the best on the market
Sudocream- hard to find and you will know why.

It's early in the year, I will update this in July the list will be much longer.

My current list ...

Skincare
I wash my face with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser , Cerave Hydrating CleanserPurpose Gentle Cleaning Wash or Juvena Cleansing Milk  which I rotate based on climate changes. I have combination to dry skin so I always need something which is  not going to strip my skin of essential oils.  I have tried many different products over the years but these are top of the line. I have used Cetaphil products for over 20 years they are gentle and can be used on any skin type.
I also rotate my moisturizers based on the needs of my skin but I always use  Dr Pat Wexler Universal Anti-Aging Moisturizer.  I think this is one of the best moisturizers on the market,  smooth application, absorbs quickly and leaves your skin with a soft glow along with 30 SPF. Dr Pat also has a tinted moisturizer SPF 30. The entire line is available at Bath and Body Works. Rumors have been swirling that the products may no longer be at B and BW so stock up today, hurry.
My other favorite is Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream . The rose scent is soothing and it seems to calm my frayed nerves. It helps to repair winter ravaged OR sun damaged skin in a jiffy. One downside, no SPF. My solution is to use Mac Prep and Prime Protect SPF 50. before applying foundation.
For eye creams day and night,  I use whatever I happen to have samples of but my favorite is Chanel Ultra Correction Line Repair or Clinique All About Eyes Rich.  Eye concealer application is super smooth with both options.
I also use a day and night serum which I apply as soon as I get out of the shower. I use Lancome Genefique or MMP1 Skin Regernating Serum- Pat Wexler and then apply moisturizer.

Makeup
Foundation is either Perfection Luminere, Laura Mercier OIl Free or  Mac Skin and Body  which gives a fantastic gleaming makeup but no makeup look. Blush is Mac or Chanel. Eyelash Curler is Shu Umeura. Mascara is Voluminous or Lancome Oscillation- It really gives the longest lashes I have ever seen! ( all of their mascaras are excellent ).  Prescriptives had one of the best mascara brushes on the market but they are gone. Gloss is Neutrogena Lip Soothers- Moisturizes like nothing else and gives great color. Goodbye chapped lips. ,
I forgot to discuss concealer, One of the Best Ever- JM Concealer.  The Josie Maran concealer blends instantly into my skin giving superb natural coverage. It does not cake, the texture is not powdery and it moisturizers very well. Her  entire Argan Oil product line is outstanding. The best part is that her line covers many skin tones so there is a shade for everyone.  My other long standing favorite is from the woman who started it all, with dual compacts, Laura Mercier.  Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage. The duo compact blends well into skin and covers dark circles in an instant. If I really want to brighten the area or need extra help the only thing I use is  Touche Eclat. Easy application  and you look alert and alive in two seconds.
For Body care- unrivaled Cetaphil lotion or Cetaphil cream Cetaphil Cream and Lotion , I swear that this is the only product on the market that really keeps dry skin moisturized all day.
For hands the Cetaphil hand cream, Cetaphil-Therapeutic-Hand-Cream- Amazing for hands! absorbs well, stays on and is scent free. Amazing stuff, simply amazing!

Skin care- Last but not least, I use the following recipe when I my skin gets really dry or it needs a lift.

Olive oil
Honey
Sugar ( large or small crystals)

Pat ( not rub) on the face and leave on as long as you can. Rinse off with a washcloth with a bit of Cetaphil. Your skin will glow for days and there will not be a dry spot in sight.

I use the  Clarisonic Mia Brush  if I feel I need to really exfoliate, I don't want to use this every day.... it is a great product though.

Do you have a wish list?  What products are you using now?


All for now! Have a great week!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts