Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Have we talked about Ann Taylor Loft ?

A few days ago I was standing in front of an Ann Taylor Loft now Loft store chatting with a friend on my phone.
At least three of the mannequins  in the window were wearing clothing which caught my wandering eyes.
I peered in for a closer look. I love stripes and anything nautical, but it must be a little egdy, not cookie cutter.
One mannequin was wearing a beautiful pair of soft wide leg jeans in a dark rinse with a navy and cream striped sweater and a blouson anorak. Another one was wearing a navy and white fisherman sweater, perfect for spring. I decided to go in and take a look. I have not shopped in Loft for a long time, I have not shopped much period but they have changed or maybe my taste has changed, someone changed!
I remember that one of my former colleagues in New York loved Ann Taylor and  Loft but I always took a pass when she mentioned it. Ann Taylor recently revamped their assortment and  image, and signed Katie Holmes as their advertising "face". I guess Loft has followed suit.  Loft is a part of the Ann Taylor family based in New York City. It was founded in 1996. They are in the moderate priced category. They also have petite and maternity lines.

It is very hard not to shop once you have opened that door, but I managed to walk out unscathed, wow! These were some of my favorite looks, I will be back, I hope before they sell out!  These are some of the great pieces I would wear together or as separates.

3/4 Sleeve Stripe Blouse

Love, love this top, and it has an elastic band so it can be worn out and be super forgiving. Looks as good in the store!

Back Zip Stripe Top

This was show under the wonderful anorak next along with blue wide leg jeans!

Ripstop Ruched Collar Anorak

The rib stop anorak, gorgeous.


Sun-Faded Wash Modern Trouser Jeans

I personally prefer the dark rinse but I can no longer ignore it, stone washed is back for all ages not just teens. These are soft and fit beautifully.

Marisa Saturated Blue Wash Modern Trouser Jeans

Dark rinse wide leg.

Canvas Satchel With Sequins

There has been a profusion of Filson type soft hewn fabric bags since last fall,  http://www.filson.com/, the trend shows no signs of abating. Filson bags were very popular with the fashion crowd during Fall 2011 fashion week.

Marisa Versatile Slim Crop Pants

Not finding my size in these pants in the Steel Gray color really helped! Yikes! These have amazing stretch, feel soft too. Love the length, perfect for the ballet flats.

Wide Stripe Boat Neck Sweater

Boat Neck Sweater

Smocked Blouson Top

This blouson top sells in about six colors, dresses anything up, worn alone with jeans or slacks great for the school run.

Faux Wrap Shirtdress

Classic Navy always hard to find and hard to beat.

Scallop Stitch Sweater

One of my favorites, Scallop Stitch Sweater.

Classic Square Sunglasses

These are definitely edgy!

Silver Discs Tie Necklace

These are simple but will highlight any outfit.

Fillipe Python T-Strap Wedge



Marisa Scuba Lean Trousers

I am thinking that these look like the scuba type pants,  Raf Simmons did  for Jill Sander Fall 2011, add these to your list for fall, but you have to get them now.


Blocked Sequin Tank

A little shine always perks me up during the day.

Loft stores are located in malls across the US and online. Loft

Happy Shopping!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts