Thursday, December 2, 2010

Momofuku Milk Bar Taste Test- The wait is over.

Momofuku Taste Test- My turn!





So we have heard all of the fuss about Momofuku, the amazing food and the milk bar.  Our friends have waxed poetic; we have seen David Chang on many TV shows, magazines and heard about his genius at creating those fabulous dishes.
I have been in Atlanta thinking how much I miss my days in NY; I would have loved to have a taste!
Then I got an e mail last week announcing that the Milk Bar’s famous crack pies and cookies are now available for shipping on line in the US!
I immediately logged on and perused the selections. I decided that I was going to try the cookies first.

I choose two, the Blueberry and Cream and Cornflake Chocolate Chip Marshmallow.
I ordered it last Wednesday afternoon a little too late to get it before the weekend. I did not opt for overnight which would have put a dent in my bank account. I decided it was going to be worth the wait.

2:00pm
I heard the doorbell ring and my box was on the doorstep.

 6:54 p.m.
I received the cookies around 2pm but I decided that I was not going to spoil my moment; I was going to wait for the right time.
I wondered if I should have it with chocolate milk or my Teavana Honeybush Vanilla. I had to have the right combination and I had to be sitting down in order to savor the cookie I heard so much about.

7:00pm
I decided it was going to be after dinner, in front of the TV with my mug of Honeybush tea.

8:15pm
I tried the Blueberry first and then the Cornflake Chocolate Chip Marshmallow.

I loved the Cornflake Chocolate Chip, it was chewy, salty combination which cut the sweet of the chocolate chip, loved it! wow!
The Blueberry was a little two sweet for me but the blueberries were chunky and sweet.

Overall great first taste and I ate the entire Cornflake cookie and would love to have another one tomorrow,not!

The cookies are large and worth the price.

My curiosity has been sated, try the Cornflake!






http://www.momofuku.com/




Happy tasting!






No comments :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts