Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mean Little Girls






As the mother of a four year old girl, my radar was on full alert while reading the link  below.
This is an excellent article in NYT about bullies. This behavior among girls is on display as early as Kindergarten.

We all need to strive to ensure that WE monitor our behavior around our children.

It may have some serious long term effects on society. I always feel and see the competitive juices flowing when other moms are in competitive and team situations with their children. There must be a way to be competitive without being a bully.
 I think we all need to work together to raise strong,happy, healthy girls.

I already changed one behavior since reading this article, I was becoming a "hover mom" at the playground( and there are many). I "hover" no more.

Bullying in Kindergarten.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts